SINGAPORE, 31 OCTOBER 2022: When Princess Cruises’ newest, largest and most innovative ship, Sun Princess, launches in February 2024, guests will embark on an inaugural 10-day Mediterranean cruise with a choice of departures from Barcelona, Rome and Athens. will be
The 175,500-ton ship’s maiden voyage will begin on February 8, 2024, boasting spacious accommodations, state-of-the-art entertainment, multi-story dining rooms and next-class accommodations. Other Mediterranean cruises will go on sale from November 9, 2022. The year 2024.
The new Sun Princess’ full European season includes 10-day cruises visiting popular Western and Eastern Mediterranean stops, and a popular 7-day cruise series departing from Barcelona, Rome (Civitavecchia) or Athens. For the ultimate 14 or 21-day exploration of these sought-after resorts.
“When you dream of the Mediterranean, you immediately imagine sunshine, views of endless blue waters, colorful and unique architecture, great food, charming locals and a romantic setting,” said John Padgett, president of Princess Cruises. “It’s fantastic that Sun Princess will launch in this beautiful area, because the inspiration for the design of this new generation of ships comes directly from these amazing places.”
Highlights of the first cruise season from March to September 2024:
- 10-day Mediterranean discovery cruise between Barcelona and Rome, including Mallorca, Sicily, Athens, Kusadasi, Santorini and Naples on March 9.
- Seven Days in the Mediterranean Greek Islands, Turkey, Rome, Athens, Greece, Italy, Week Mediterranean, Athens, Barcelona, France, Italy, Barcelona, Rome Week, Mediterranean, April More than 20 flights to choose from. September 2024.
- European explorers travel between the Mediterranean and London (Southampton) for 9 to 23 days.
- Nine-day Grand Mediterranean cruise from Rome.
- 10-day Grand Mediterranean sailing from Rome or between Barcelona and Rome.
- 10-Day Mediterranean Grand Cruise from Rome.
- A 16-day Iberian Passage cruise across the Atlantic between London (Southampton) and Fort Lauderdale.
Princess guests can also choose from three unique cruises.
· The best of Greece: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Meteora, Delphi, the Acropolis of Athens and the Parthenon. A seven-day Mediterranean cruise with Greece, France and Italy, a 14-day Mediterranean cruise with Greece, France and Italy, and a 21-day Mediterranean cruise from Athens.
· Classic Italian: Visit the most beautiful places in Venice, Florence and Rome: St. Mark’s Square in Venice and the Doge’s Palace, the Colosseum in Rome, the Vatican Museums, the Duomo in Florence and Michelangelo’s David. A seven-day Mediterranean cruise with Greek Islands and Turkey, a 14-day Mediterranean cruise with Greece, Italy and Turkey, or a 21-day Mediterranean cruise from Rome.
· Highlights of Spain: 7-Day Mediterranean with France and Italy, Greek Islands, 14-Day Mediterranean with France and Turkey or 21-Day Mediterranean Cruise from Barcelona. Visit Madrid, Valencia and Toledo to experience the sights and flavors of Spain.
Currently under construction at Italy’s Fincantieri shipyard, the largest princess ship ever built embraces her Italian heritage, including a newly designed and branded Piazza and The Dome, a state-of-the-art entertainment venue inspired by the terraces of Santorini. Sun Princess introduces an entirely new class of ship to the cruise line, but remains true to the sleek, clean lines and design aesthetic of the cruise line’s iconic Sea Witch icon, made famous by the original Love Boat television series.
Sun Princess will also feature an exclusive Princess Medallion, which will extend Princess’ leadership position to an unprecedented level, offering guests a personalized service previously only available on the industry’s smallest ships.
As part of Carnival Corporation’s green cruise line, Sun Princess will be the first Princess to run on the world’s cleanest fossil fuel, LNG, and one of 11 new ships in the company’s fleet.