The MHPSS Technical Advisor for the Ukraine Emergency will ensure that all MHPSS activities comply with international standards and best practices and will develop effective oversight structures and processes for MHPSS personnel. The MHPSS Technical Advisor will also support the MHPSS Senior Advisor to ensure direct supervision and mentoring for professionals working in MAs being trained in MHPSS interventions.
Availability and contract type: 12 months consultation, extendable
Workplace: Italy with the opportunity to travel frequently between different project locations. Possible trips to Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Latvia, Hungary and the Czech Republic as required.
start date: As soon as possible
SOS Children’s Villages Italy would like to respond to the Ukraine crisis with a twofold approach. First, to ensure that the needs of Ukrainian refugees who have found refuge in Italy are met through tailored assistance. Second, it aims to build the capacity of SOS staff in Italy and in six SOS Member Associations (MAs), including Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Latvia, Hungary and the Czech Republic, as well as volunteers and public actors to support Ukrainian to meet refugees. Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Needs (MHPSS).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide and support the delivery of Training of Trainers (TOTs)/Training of Facilitators (TOFs) on MHPSS interventions.
- Provided supervision and mentoring for staff trained in MHPSS interventions in Italy and in the various managing agencies to respond to the needs of the population affected by the Ukraine conflict.
- Help build the skills of trained staff in managing agencies to directly supervise local staff trained in MHPSS interventions.
- Support a community of practices in the countries to further the knowledge and expertise of the MHPSS teams.
Project technical support:
- Support the continuous MHPSS assessment and collect information related to the MHPSS situation analysis at all project sites to inform the adjustments of the project.
- Conducting ad hoc support visits.
- Provide targeted psychological support to managing authority staff as well as ways to improve staff well-being.
- Masters Degree in Psychology
- At least 5 years experience in MHPSS or in a similar role with at least one experience at international level and at least 2 years related to emergency response or recovery
- Experience in training staff and implementing MHPSS activities such as PFA, DWM, PM+
- Familiar with all IASC MHPSS guidelines
- Familiar with humanitarian coordination in emergencies
- Experience in training and supervising others and in training/mentoring/coaching on the job
- Flexibility, excellent organizational and improvisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment and manage stress
- Politically and culturally sensitive, gender awareness, with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Fluent English; Ukrainian or Russian is an advantage
- Willingness to potentially work in a volatile security environment and to travel to job sites
How to apply
Please send a CV (maximum 3 pages) with two references to the email address: [email protected], indicate in the subject “MHPSS Technical Advisor ERP Ukraine” and authorize the data processing according to Italian law ( Legislative Decree no. 196/2003).
According to Italian law, the search is aimed at candidates of both sexes.