Escaping winter sun, mid-season travel and work: HomeToGo announces its Fall/Winter 2022-2023 travel forecast
Luxembourg, September 26, 2022 – HomeToGo SE (Frankfurt Stock Exchange: HTG), a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals, today released its European Fall/Winter 2022-2023 Travel Forecast. In this trend outlook, HomeToGo observes a surge in European search demand for international short breaks during the fall off-season, increased interest by telecommuters in winter sun destinations, and an ongoing desire to book vacation rentals amid rising living costs.
dr Patrick Andrae, Co-Founder and CEO, HomeToGo: “After a summer characterized by high demand for vacation rentals and international getaways, we were keen to learn more about what to expect for the autumn and winter season. We know that the desire to travel can overcome many obstacles, and we see the resilience of vacation rentals this fall-winter as travelers continue to crave authentic and affordable getaways. We also see the continued impact of flexible working policies on increased travel for the fall off-season, as well as an expected busy winter peak season.”
Using insights from travelers using HomeToGo to book autumn/winter holidays and an external survey of 2,500 travelers across five key European markets including Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the UK, key trends and developments include:
- Busy autumn and winter for travel: Vacation rental searches across HomeToGo’s five key European markets are up 38% year-on-year for stays between September and March, indicating a strong travel season.
- Digital nomad hotspots are seeing the biggest surge in search demand: Destinations with winter sun, including Ibiza, Spain (+173% vs 2021 for searches), Lanzarote, Spain (+170%) and Malta (+200%) are the most popular work destinations this winter season.
- Fall for international travel is shaping up to be an important off-season: During a typically quieter travel season, HomeToGo has seen international searches from Europeans increase by 31% annually between September and November.
- 40% of travelers surveyed say their travel plans are not being impacted by rising costs: Despite the rising cost of living more than A third of travelers do not plan to cut corners when travelling.
- Accommodation is one of the most resilient travel categories amid inflation: When travelers want to save money, they’re more likely to look for cost savings on transportation (e.g., flights), food and beverages, or activities before opting for cheaper accommodation.
HomeToGo was founded in 2014 with the vision of making incredible homes easily accessible to everyone. To achieve this vision, HomeToGo has built and expanded a trusted and easy-to-use technology platform that connects property owners with travelers from around the world.
HomeToGo operates an alternative lodging marketplace that connects millions of travelers searching for the perfect place to stay with thousands of inventory providers around the world, resulting in the world’s most comprehensive alternative lodging inventory coverage.
HomeToGo’s marketplace is beneficial to both sets of customers: consumers visiting HomeToGo’s websites gain access to the largest inventory in one place, and delivery partners leveraging the platform’s reach and technology solutions are better able to source a broad To serve a range of customers and generate more high-quality demand.
While HomeToGo SE is based in Luxembourg, HomeToGo GmbH has its headquarters in Berlin, Germany. HomeToGo operates localized apps and websites in 25 countries.
HomeToGo SE is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “HTG”. For more information, visit: www.hometogo.com/about.
This forecast focuses on travel trends and vacation rental search behavior for the autumn and winter period between September 1, 2022 and February 28, 2023. The specific regions of focus for this forecast include Germany, Spain, Italy, France and the United Kingdom. Results are based on a combination of internal HomeToGo search data and external survey results. More detailed information can be found below:
Poll Results: Study conducted by HomeToGo on a general population sample totaling 2,500 respondents, 500 per market (UK, DE, ES, IT, FR). Respondents had to be at least 18 years old to participate in this survey. The survey was conducted online between August 5, 2022 – August 10, 2022.
Insight into Goal Seek requirements: The results for the top searched destinations are based on vacation rental searches by vacationers on HomeToGo (UK, DE, ES, IT, FR) with the following parameters:
Search period 1: January 1 – August 11, 2022 with arrival dates between September 1, 2022 – February 28, 2023
Search period 2: January 1 – August 11, 2021 with arrival dates between September 1, 2021 – February 28, 2022
Data collection took place on August 12, 2022.
Low Season Search Dates: Year-to-year international search growth results are based on travelers searching on HomeToGo (UK, DE, ES, IT, FR) for vacation rentals with the following parameters:
Search period 1: January 1, 2022 – September 1, 2022 with an arrival date between September 1, 2022 – November 30, 2022
Search period 2: January 1, 2021 – September 1, 2021 with an arrival date between September 1, 2021 – November 30, 2021
Data collection took place on September 21, 2022.
09/26/2022 CET/CEST Dissemination of a Press Release, transmitted by EQS – a service of EQS Group AG.
The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.
EQS distribution services include regulatory announcements, financial/corporate news and press releases.
Archive at www.eqs-news.com