Harry SNUBBED Charles and William’s dinner invite on night of Queen’s death as Meghan wasn’t invited


LONDON, ENGLAND: A royal source has claimed Prince Harry turned down an invitation to join King Charles and Prince William for dinner at Balmoral after his wife Meghan Markle was barred from joining the family on the day of Queen Elizabeth II’s death.

The 38-year-old Duke of Sussex had reportedly insisted his wife would be there on September 8, but Charles apparently told him it was “not appropriate”. Harry, who missed an RAF flight to Scotland with William and uncles Andrew and Edward, was later told to make his own travel arrangements and landed in Aberdeen without Meghan at 6.35pm local time, just minutes after the Queen’s death was announced was given. After being driven to Balmoral about 90 minutes later, he reportedly turned down dinner at Birkhall with the new King, Queen Consort Camilla and William. Instead, the grieving prince mourned with Edward and Sophie Wessex and Andrew at Balmoral Castle.

READ:  Global Fingertip Travel Sprayers Market 2022 In-Depth Analysis, Latest Trends, Opportunities and Production Techniques 2028 – The Colby Echo News

ADVERTISEMENT

ALSO READ

‘Family or $20M’: A tenuous truce threatens to collapse as Prince Harry ‘insists’ on releasing telltale memoir against King’s wishes

Meghan Markle was “bored” with Camilla’s advice and chose “her own path” after joining the royal family, says the biographer

ADVERTISEMENT

“Harry was so busy taking Meghan to Balmoral and rowing with his family that he missed the flight,” a source told The Sun. “Charles has an open invitation for Harry to dine with him whenever he’s in the country. But Harry was so angry he refused to eat with his father and brother.” The insider added, “It was a massive snub. And he left Balmoral at the earliest opportunity to catch the first commercial flight back to London.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince William, Prince of Wales with Catherine, Princess of Wales, and Prince Harry with Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, walk after leaving UK on 14.  The coffin of Queen Elizabeth II is carried in a procession on a carriage of the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Hall, where her burial will last until the early morning of her funeral.  Queen Elizabeth II died at Balmoral Castle in Scotland on 8 September 2022 and is succeeded by her eldest son, King Charles III.
Prince William, Prince of Wales, with Catherine, Princess of Wales, and Prince Harry with Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, walk after leaving at 14 London, UK. (Photo by Emilio Morenatti – WPA Pool/Getty Images)

The next morning, Harry was driven to a British Airways jet, which took off for Heathrow at 9.45am. He was then reunited with his wife at Frogmore Cottage, Windsor. The Sun reported that despite the snub at dinner, William invited Harry and Meghan to see flowers at Windsor Castle with him and Kate on September 10.

READ:  Madrid Travels to Chicago & New York City to Reinforce its Touristic Positioning in North America

ADVERTISEMENT

Catherine, Princess of Wales, Prince William, Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex meet with the public at The Long Walk at Windsor Castle on September 10, 2022 in Windsor, England.  Crowds have gathered outside the gates of Windsor Castle to pay tribute to Queen Elizabeth II who died at Balmoral Castle on September 8, 2022.
Catherine, Princess of Wales, Prince William, Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex meet with the public at The Long Walk at Windsor Castle on September 10, 2022 in Windsor, England. (Photo by Kirsty O’Connor – WPA-Pool/Getty Images)

On the other hand, another royal source told Page Six that there was no cancellation of the dinner as Charles and William had already left for the monarch’s house when Harry arrived at Balmoral Castle on September 8th. The insider said they weren’t in Balmoral for dinner at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

TOP STORIES

‘Monogamy isn’t in our genes’: Adam Levine admitted to cheating years before affair allegations surfaced

Ryan Grantham: ‘Riverdale’ actor, 24, who shot his mother playing the piano gets life in prison

ADVERTISEMENT

Despite the conflicting claims, Harry and Meghan faced a number of hurdles during their time paying tribute to the Queen in the UK. Aside from icy interactions with the Prince and Princess of Wales, the couple were not invited to a state reception for world leaders last Friday, September 16. And although Harry had served in the military for 10 years, he was also initially banned from wearing his military uniform to his grandmother’s funeral. However, King Charles eventually allowed Harry to wear the uniform to the vigil as a mark of respect for the late sovereign.

READ:  Assam to use portable device 'SAANS' to stop neonatal deaths

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince William, Prince of Wales, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex arrive to hold a vigil in honor of Queen Elizabeth II at Westminster Hall on September 17, 2022 in London, England.  Queen Elizabeth II's grandchildren keep a family watch over her coffin, which rests in Westminster Hall.  Queen Elizabeth II died at Balmoral Castle in Scotland on 8 September 2022 and is succeeded by her eldest son, King Charles III.
Prince William, Prince of Wales and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex arrive to hold a vigil in honor of Queen Elizabeth II at Westminster Hall on September 17, 2022 in London, England. (Photo by Aaron Chown-WPA Pool/Getty Images)

Harry was stripped of his military titles and patronage after he and Meghan stepped down as working royals last year. The Sussexes freed themselves from all royal obligations and relocated to Montecito, California. The couple – who share son Archie, 3, and daughter Lilibet, 1 – flew home to the US on Tuesday September 20, shortly after the Queen’s funeral.

ADVERTISEMENT

Disclaimer: This is based on sources and we have not been able to independently verify this information.





Source link