South, United Kingdom |
£50,000.00 – £65,000.00 per year, salary based on experience |
PACE – Civils Operations Manager for our rail infrastructure business across the UK
Your role and what you will do:
- The Civils Operations Manager will be responsible for the delivery of an existing £20m Civils project portfolio on behalf of PACE. You will lead the delivery of these projects with the responsibility to complete them safely, on time, on budget, to the required standard, achieve the required quality and achieve customer satisfaction.
What will your main tasks be?
- Take overall responsibility for the safe and successful delivery of the Civils portfolio of Design & Build projects, consistent with PACE values and processes.
- Provide construction and delivery direction to the project management and delivery teams for all projects in your portfolio.
- Manage multiple projects and ensure full handoff is achieved from construction bidding to delivery teams and delivery is closely monitored.
- Manage supply chain partnerships to support growth, including key areas of material, plant and labor supply chains.
- Manage the development of the enablement, training, structure and mentoring plan for the civilian teams.
- If necessary, work with other departments to manage resource shortages or excesses.
- Develop excellent relationships with customers, subcontractors and partners and identify all external opportunities.
- Support the bidding team in developing bids and RFPs, either directly or by providing appropriate support from your team.
- Lead your team’s professional development, including training and identifying outstanding potential or talent.
- Work closely with the commercial director to oversee and manage the commercial/financial performance of your portfolio.
- Hold regular meetings with your PMs and site teams to review issues, share lessons learned, best practices, and resources.
- Willingness to travel and work as needed for specific projects.
- Working closely with store managers to expand civilian business and customer relationships.
- Salary + weekend daily rate
- Performance-related bonus program upon completion of projects
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Provision of travel accommodation for specific project needs
- Flexible working arrangements (WFH, location-based and office-based, as needed.)
- Development opportunities for entry into the SMT (Senior Management Team)
- Long-term permanent position and key role in the company