The reception center is an emergency shelter for migrants and Asylum Seekers recently released from government custody. The purpose of the Welcome Center is to provide safe relief and emergency support services to Asylum Seekers as they coordinate travel to their new home in the US.
The Asylum Seekers & Families (ASF) Shelter Technician provides direct client services to asylum seekers to ensure that all basic needs are met during their stay at the IRC Welcome Center.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Ensure clients have access to all services provided at the shelter including meals, bedding, clothing and personal hygiene supplies as needed.
Full rounds throughout the transition, to ensure all services are running smoothly.
Maintaining a clean, safe, secure and stable centre; cleaning and organizing the center and maintaining child-friendly spaces.
Assist with client intakes and orientation and support travel arrangements for clients.
Answer client questions regarding the Welcome Center services.
Complete inventory of Welcome Center supplies and restock for next day operations.
Participate in all program meetings and participate fully as a member of the team.
Adhere to all IRC policies, procedures and protocols including adherence to the IRC Way and Child Protection.
Other related duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or higher.
- Previous experience working with refugee or asylum seeker populations is highly valued.
Demonstrated Skills & Abilities:
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Spanish speaking ability or bilingual ability in another client language (Brazilian, Portuguese, Haitian Creole, Punjabi, Russian) is strongly preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to contribute independently and as a team member.
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good communication skills; experience in a multicultural environment is preferred.
- A valid driver’s license, active insurance policy, access to reliable transportation and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area are preferred.
- In accordance with Arizona State Law, you must have or be eligible to receive a fingerprint clearance card.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours, such as weekends, nights and holidays as needed.
- The Welcome Center is a 24-hour facility; flexible work hours, including holidays, evenings, and weekends with regular contact with ASF clients and volunteers.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In line with the IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free from known hazards and our commitment to protecting the health of our employees, clients and communities, the IRC requires new hires to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be. be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC offices in the US require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (eg meetings, training).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: The IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and an atmosphere of inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that reasonable accommodations are made for persons with disabilities to participate in the application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other employment benefits and privileges. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: Short-term employees are not eligible to participate in the IRC Benefit Program. Payroll will be processed through a third party. There may be long term employment opportunities with benefits at the 3 month mark.
How to apply
Please apply on our website: