If you’re looking for a cheap getaway this summer, now is the time to get excited. Both low-cost airlines Ryanair and easyJet have updated their route options, opening up tons of new destinations across Europe (and increasing existing route options).
From the mountains of Asturias in northern Spain to the Greek island paradise of Santorini, Ryanair and easyJet’s options look really tempting. Here are all the dazzling new routes budget carriers have added to their schedules this summer.
- Brussels (Belgium) to Asturias (Spain), Lodz (Poland) and Nantes (France).
- Cluj to (Romania). Brussels, Dublin (Ireland), Milan Bergamo (Italy) and Paris Bovey (France).
- Edinburgh (UK) to Cornwall (Great Britain).
- Dusseldorf to (Germany). Asturias, Milan Bergamo, Pula (Croatia) and Reus (Spain).
- Faro (Portugal) to Aarhus (Denmark), Barcelona (Spain), Belfast (Great Britain), Exeter (Great Britain), Frankfurt (Germany), Rome Fiumicino (Italy) and Toulouse (France).
- Iasi to (Romania). Brussels, Dublin, Milan Bergamo and Paris Bovey.
- London Stansted to Edinburgh, Belfast, Asturias, Leipzig (Germany), Cornwall and Klagenfurt (Austria).
- Madrid to (Spain). Liverpool (Great Britain).
- Porto (Portugal) to Bristol (Great Britain), Castellon (Spain), Leeds (Great Britain), Maastricht (Netherlands), Naples (Italy), Nims (France), Palermo (Italy), Shannon (Ireland), Stockholm (Sweden), Strasbourg (France), Trapani (Italy), Turin (Italy) and Wroclaw (Poland).
- Rome Ciampino to Amman (Jordan), East Midlands (Great Britain), Liverpool, Rabat (Morocco) and Tangier (Morocco).
- Rome Fiumicino to Alicante (Spain), Asturias, Cork (Ireland), Dublin, Gdansk (Poland), Memmingen (Germany), Palma (Spain), Skiathos (Greece), to separate (Croatia) and Vilnius (Lithuania).
- Belfast to Antalya (Turkey).
- Birmingham (Great Britain) to Naples.
- Bristol to Chania (Greece).
- Edinburgh to Antalya and Santorini (Greek)
- Glasgow to Lisbon (Portugal).
- London Gatwick to Ancona (Italy) and Calvi (France).
- London Luton to Izmir (Turkey).
- Manchester (Great Britain) to Paris Orly.
- Southend (Great Britain) to Amsterdam (Netherlands).
You can check new routes and book tickets on Ryanair here and easyJet here.
Of course, the negative impact of flying on the environment and the cost of flying continue to rise no By using a budget carrier, you may choose not to fly this year (read here why you should). Fortunately, Europe is now full of affordable train options – see all the new night train routes we’re excited to try in 2023.
ICYMI: How to save money, beat the crowds and travel better in 2023.
Stay tuned: subscribe to us free Time Out Travel newsletter for the latest travel news and the best things happening around the world.